If you are new or even tenured to hair extensions, you may have concerns on how to care for the hair. Below we’ll list SlayRoyal Hair’s best practices and tips!
1. Does this hair shed ?
Any hair that has been handmade or manufactured to be stitched on a weft is entitled to experience minimum shedding which is absolutely normal. Minimum shedding meaning (the hair will be never have a noticeable or drastic decrease in its density or volume). However, proper maintenance is extremely important and advised to ensure longevity.
2. Can I color this hair ?
Yes, this is 100% virgin human hair . You can color the hair, once virgin hair is treated in any way, it is no longer virgin, and therefore we recommend that you allow SlayRoyal hair or a professional to provide coloring services. If you would like custom color services on a wig you already have , please visit our Wig Maintenance collection.
3. Is #613 Platinum Blonde Hair High Maintenance?
Yes, anytime hair is processed to 613 that hair will be fragile and easier to break off due to the hair bonds being broken. Blonde Hair will require daily hydrating and to be washed bi-weekly with Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner. Below are the recommended brands.
JOICO MOISTURE RECOVERY SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
4. How can I maintain my wig ?
- Use heat protectant when styling, avoid using heavy oils .
- Wash and deep condition once bi-weekly.
- Wrap your wig at night using a silk wrap and scarf / bonnet.
- Make sure your wig is completely dry before sleeping.
- Detangle wig from tips to root.
5. How can I maintain a deep wave / curly wig?
- Wash and deep condition with moisturizing products (shown above).
- Detangle daily from tips to root.
- Moisturize, Detangle, Part and twist / braid into two sections and wrap in bonnet before sleeping.
6. How long will my wig last ?
Your wig can last for a long time depending on how you maintain it. Treat it like your own hair and take good care of it to ensure longevity. Depending on maintenance, hair will last a minimum of one year.
7. How can I maintain a color treated wig ?
Follow hair care tips above but we recommend using these brands below for wash and deep conditioning.
JOICO COLOR ENDURE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
8. How Do I Measure My Head ?
The below chart will guide you on how to provide detailed measurements. Measurements are very important, to ensure your wig fits correctly. If you are having trouble measuring your head please send us an email ! Email information can be found on our "contact us" page.
- Front to Nape
- Ear to Ear Across Forehead
- Ear to Ear Across Top
- Temple to Temple Around Back
- Nape of Neck